NUS News

Some youth taking too much paracetamol by accident: Study

A study by Assoc Prof Grant Sklar from the Dept of Pharmacy at NUS Faculty of Science, and Dr Christina Tan, who was a doctoral student under Assoc Prof Sklar when she did the research, revealed that some people accidentally took too much paracetamol, and had to be hospitalised. The study, which was published in October 2016 in Singapore Medical Journal online, found that half of the patients who overdosed were young people aged 18 to 25.