A team of researchers led by Prof Lim Chwee Teck from Dept of Biomedical Engineering at NUS Faculty of Engineering has developed an ultra-thin microfiber sensor that can monitor the state of its wearer’s health in real-time. By monitoring one’s pulse waveform, the sensor can detect stiffness in the blood vessels caused by the build-up of fatty deposits, which could trigger a heart attack or stroke over time.
- Channel NewsAsia, 15 November 2017
- Channel 5 News, 15 November 2017
- Channel 8 News, 15 November 2017
- Channel U News, 15 November 2017
- Capital 95.8FM, 15 November 2017