At the Asia Economic Forum which was co-organised by the World Bank Group and the Asia Competitiveness Institute of the Lee Kuan Yew School of Policy (LKY School) at NUS, Home Affairs and Law Minister K Shanmugam said that Singapore has actively supported China’s One Belt, One Road push, having recognised early the benefits and is well-positioned to make gains from it.
Keynote speaker Mr Liew Mun Leong, Chairman of Changi Airport Group and Surbana Jurong Group, and Provost’s Chair Professor (pro-bono) at LKY School, highlighted that Singapore companies keen to tap opportunities in Belt and Road countries “must act fast to secure our first-mover advantage”.
- Channel NewsAsia, 28 August 2017
- Channel 5 News, 28 August 2017
- Channel 8 News, 28 August 2017
- Channel U News, 28 August 2017
- Vasantham News, 28 August 2017
- Capital 95.8FM, 28 August 2017
- Suria News Online, 28 August 2017
- The Straits Times, 29 August 2017, Top of the News, pA4
- The Business Times, 29 August 2017, p6
- TODAY, 29 August 2017, p14
- Lianhe Zaobao, 29 August 2017, Front Page & p6