Seven NUS academics conferred the National Medical Excellence Awards 2023
Seven academics from NUS Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine (YLLSOM) and Duke-NUS Medical School were recognised for their dedication and significant contributions at this year’s National Medical Excellence Awards (NMEA).
Presented by Minister for Health Mr Ong Ye Kung, NMEA is a national-level award to recognise outstanding clinicians and healthcare professionals who made outstanding contributions in advancing healthcare, improving the standards of patient safety, as well as driving research and education, which ultimately improve people’s lives.
The NUS academics are:
National Outstanding Clinician Award
- Professor William Hwang Ying Khee, Chair, Oncology Academic Clinical Programme, SingHealth Duke-NUS Academic Medical Centre; and Principal Investigator, Laboratory of Haematopoietic Stem Cells, Duke-NUS Medical School
- Professor Tan Huay Cheem, Department of Medicine, YLLSOM
National Outstanding Clinician Scientist Award
- Associate Professor Mahesh Choolani, Head, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, YLLSOM
National Outstanding Clinician Mentor Award
- Adjunct Associate Professor Brenda Ang Sze Peng, Clinical Senior Lecturer, YLLSOM
- Professor Julian Thumboo, Office of Clinical and Faculty Affairs and Health Services and Systems Research, Duke-NUS Medical School; and Adjunct Professor, Department of Medicine, YLLSOM
National Outstanding Clinician Educator Award
- Associate Professor Nigel Tan Choon Kiat, Associate Dean, MD Programme, Duke-NUS Medical School
National Clinical Excellence Team Award
- Clinical Assistant Professor Christopher Lien Tsung Chien, SingHealth Duke-NUS Medicine Academic Clinical Programme