Seven NUS researchers awarded prestigious SNAS Fellowships
Seven NUS scientists have been conferred fellowships awarded by the Singapore National Academy of Science this year.
Scientists from NUS Computing, NUS College of Design and Engineering and NUS Science have been conferred seven of the 14 fellowships awarded by the Singapore National Academy of Science (SNAS) this year.
The newly elected SNAS Fellows from NUS are:
· Professor Bao Weizhu (Faculty of Science)
· Professor Mohan Kankanhalli (School of Computing)
· Professor Liu Xiaogang (Faculty of Science)
· Professor Lu Yixin (Faculty of Science)
· Professor Toh Kim Chuan (Faculty of Science)
· Professor John Wang (College of Design and Engineering)
· Professor Zhou Weibiao (Faculty of Science)
Beginning in 2011, the prestigious SNAS Fellowships have been conferred on outstanding researchers in Singapore to recognise those who have distinguished themselves in the field of science. NUS researchers have featured prominently in every conferment exercise.
The SNAS, which was established in 1976, is widely respected for its key role in promoting the advancement of science and technology – and recognising excellence in science – in Singapore, as well as representing the scientific opinions of its members.